Santa Cruz Shakespeare 2017 Internships
UPDATE: The Fall/Winter 2017 Internship Program is now open for the positions below. Thank you to all who applied to the 2017 Summer Internship Program.
Information for the Summer Season Festival 2018 Internship Program will be available in November 2017.
General Information about our annual Internship Program
We are currently accepting interns in the following categories:
- Graphic Design: Graphic design interns will be accepted to offer support in marketing collateral creation. The graphic design intern will be assigned projects to assist on for the 2018 festival.
- Administrative: 1 enthusiastic arts administrative intern will be accepted for the fall 2017.
All applicants must apply via the online application which includes contact information, the upload of a 500 word or less personal statement and resume. All applicants also must provide the names and contact information for three references, along with a brief description of their relationship with the referrer.
The personal statement should be 500 words or less and may include the following: your career objectives and how you expect to achieve them, your experience and/or education in theatre, and the qualities you possess that recommend you as a candidate for an internship. Your personal statement should reveal information about yourself that may not be represented in your resume or references.
Design Internship Applicants should submit an electronic portfolio of work either with the online application, by providing a website address, or by emailing a file. Graphic design internship position details:
General Description: SCS is looking for a highly creative, motivated and driven individual who can work on a team level to add input and assist in designing creative campaigns and a wide variety of collateral materials for SCS appeals and programs. Candidates will gain knowledge in creative marketing, advertising, and technological platforms. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with a professional staff in an enthusiastic, community-based Non-profit organization.
· Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop. Knowledge of flickr and social media platforms.
· Having a computer and access to graphic design and layout software is required
· Proficient command of English grammar and spelling
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Ability to work with various departments to finish necessary projects
· Able to think creatively to solve problems
For more information or to ask questions, please contact us.