Santa Cruz Shakespeare 2019 Internships
Thank you to everyone who applied for our Summer Internship Program!
We are still accepting applicants for positions below:
- Administrative: 1 enthusiastic arts administrative intern will be accepted for the season. The admin intern will have hands on experience with the ins and outs of running a theatre company. The admin intern will help in Marketing, Development, Education, and general theatre administrative tasks. If the admin intern is interested in pursing theater education, there are opportunities to develop lesson plans, play resource guides, and more for our Weekend With Shakespeare event and the Student Matinee Week.
- Social Media: The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and posting the company’s key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram plus other platforms. The intern will work closely with key members of staff for creative development. Reports to the Marketing Director and Managing Director.
- Key Duties:
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Instagram, and other social media platforms).
- Increase the number of followers we have by following and engaging with potential clients and candidates.
- Monitoring and replying to followers under supervision from a SCS Director.
- Posting on a daily/weekly basis as needed and utilizing Hootsuite under direction of a SCS Director.
- Build Facebook ‘likes’ by approaching potential clients and candidates through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
- Work with directors to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to Flickr, videos to YouTube, etc).
- Learn and monitor social media analytics. Track key social media analytics on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Key Duties:
- Graphic Design: SCS is looking for a highly creative and motivated individual who can work on a team level to add input and assist in designing creative campaigns and a wide variety of collateral materials for SCS appeals and programs. Candidates will gain knowledge in creative marketing, advertising, and technological platforms. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with a professional staff in an enthusiastic, community-based non-profit organization.
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Knowledge of flickr and social media platforms
- Having a computer and access to graphic design and layout software is required
- Proficient command of English grammar and spelling
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with various departments to finish necessary projects
- Able to think creatively to solve problems
Key Summer Dates:
- Shops Begin Work: June 2019
- Rehearsals Begin: June 2019
- Shops Close: Mid-August 2019
- Fringe Show Opens: August 2019
- Season Closes: September 2019
- Flexible internship start and end dates
We will be notifying applicants by April 2019 if you are selected for an internship for the 2019 Summer Season.
For more information or to ask questions, please contact Alexandra Schroeder, Intern Coordinator.