Thank you for your interest in auditioning for Santa Cruz Shakespeare’s 2021 Season. Auditions are now closed.
Information about our audition process can be found below:
Since we have a scaled down season this year, we will only be hiring equity actors. Union actors who live 50 miles or more from Santa Cruz are housed at the company’s expense for the duration of their contracts.
Santa Cruz Shakespeare has a gender equity policy. We are also committed to improving diversity and inclusiveness on our stage: Equal Opportunity Employment applies.
Due to the pandemic, we will only be accepting video auditions.
Actors should prepare two contrasting monologues, each under two minutes, and with a combined time of no more than three minutes. At least one of the monologues should be from Shakespeare’s canon. If you sing or play an instrument, we welcome 30 seconds of music in the audition room as well.
When submitting a video audition, please bear in mind the following guidelines:
- You must be an Equity actor to apply for the 2021 Season.
- Email your video as an attachment or a link by March 12, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your name, contact information, and a recent headshot in the email.
- We prefer you shoot your video as a medium (3/4) shot, not a close-up as we are an outdoor theatre company.
- Video auditions will not be reviewed until late March.
- You will be notified by the end of April if we are interested in having you read sides from the play(s) or in casting you.