Union and Non-Union Auditions: Accepting on 1/25/21
Thank you for your interest in auditioning for Santa Cruz Shakespeare’s 2021 Season!
Information about our audition process can be found below:
Union and non-union actors who live 50 miles or more from Santa Cruz are housed at the company’s expense for the duration of their contracts.
SCS has a gender equity policy; of the sixteen actors hired for next summer, half will be men and half will be women. We are also committed to improving diversity and inclusiveness on our stage: Equity Opportunity Employment applies.
Auditions will take place in January and February. Due to the pandemic, we will only be accepting video auditions.
Actors should prepare two contrasting monologues, each under two minutes, and with a combined time of no more than four minutes. At least one of the monologues should be from Shakespeare’s canon. If you sing or play an instrument, we welcome 30 seconds of music in the audition room as well.
When submitting a video audition, please bear in mind the following guidelines:
- Email your video as an attachment or a link by February 10, 2021 to email@example.com.
- Include your name, contact information, and a recent headshot in the email.
- We prefer you shoot your video as a medium (3/4) shot, not a close-up as we are an outdoor theatre company.
- Video auditions will not be reviewed until late February.
- You will be notified by the end of March if we are interested in having you read sides from the play(s) or in casting you.